Buy the Atlas Model HO Master Gold Frisco U30B PH2 #851 Diesel Engine Today!
Different road # shown in illustration.
Powered by a V16 FDL prime mover, the 3,000 h.p. U30B was GE’s answer to EMDs popular GP40 and ALCOs C430 Locomotive. A total of 295 U30Bs were built by GE between 1966 and 1975.
This model represents a “phase 2” U30B locomotive. The primary spotting feature of phase 2 units was the hood below the radiator, which was evenly built out to the same width as the radiator. A U30B could be differentiated from the lower-horsepower U23B by the presence of two sets of four tall engine access doors near the center of the long hood. During production, the U30B was equipped with various trucks, including Blomberg trucks from EMD trade-in locomotives, AAR-style trucks, or GE’s own four-axle “FB2” truck.
- Snow plow (included when appropriate per road name)
- Separately-applied scale detail parts include: windshield wipers, metal grab irons, coupler cut levers, multiple-unit hoses, train line hoses, fine scale handrails, drop steps and more!
- Five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting with Golden-white LEDs
- Blackened metal wheels
- Optional high short hood
- Optional low nose headlights
- Low nose cab with square or round headlight housing used where appropriate per road name
- AAR-B, FB-2 or Blomberg trucks used where appropriate per road name
Atlas Master Series Gold Additional Features:
Electronic Dual-Mode® Decoder (e-DMD) that allows your locomotive to run in DCC or traditional DC
QSI® Quantum System Features Including:
(Atlas Master Series Gold locomotives only)
Dual speaker system
Authentic diesel engine sounds
Air let-off in neutral
Coupler impact sounds when operated with DCC
Helper mode that mutes the whistle and bell for double heading
Note: Due to the higher starting voltage required to operate the sound system, it is not possible to MU a non-sound-equipped loco in DC (analog) mode.
The Atlas Model HO Master Gold Frisco U30B PH2 #851 is a fine Atlas Model HO Locomotive. Click here to add another nice Atlas Model Engine to your collection Here!