Atlas Model HO Silver Erie Mining #7230 Locomotive.
The ALCO C424 model was one of the first “Century-series” locomotives to be produced. Its 16-cylinder 251B-series prime mover produced 2,400-hp, making it a direct competitor to the 2,500-hp GE U25B and EMD GP35 models. A total of 190 units were built between 1963 and 1966 for customers throughout North America, including 53 for roads in the US, 92 for Canada and 45 for Mexico. Erie Lackawanna, Canadian Pacific and National de Mexico purchased some of the largest fleets in their respective countries.
- Models include redesigned “AAR” style truck sideframes with separate brake cylinders and separate bearing cap detail (included when appropriate per the prototype).
- Directional lighting w/ golden-white LEDs
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- NMRA 8 pin plug for DCC
- Separately-applied wire grab irons, ladders, and drop steps
- Separately-applied marker lenses
- Improved painting and printing w/painted handrails
- Two painted crew members
- Click here to get another HO Scale Atlas Model Locomotive.