Add to your HO Scale Model Railroad with the Atlas Model HO Erie Lackawanna #541 Diesel Locomotive.
Different road # in illustration.
Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) the low-hood S-2 was introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000 horsepower S-2 was a turbocharged version of the S-1. There were 1,502 S-2s sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S-2s was evidenced by their service on class 1 shortline and industrial railroads. Atlas’ version is back in service, with new tooling, as well as a sound-equipped version for modeler enjoyment.
Redesigned model with all new tooling:
- NMRA 8-Pin Socket for DCC (Silver Series Model)
- Redesigned & retooled hood, cab & chassis
- The first plastic HO-scale model of an S-2 Locomotive to include accurate body panel details
- Option for horizontal or vertical radiator shutters
- Fine scale handrails
- Separately-applied grab irons, coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
- Redesigned truck frames with separately applied detail
- Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
- Die-cast chassis for improved pulling performance
- Chassis retooled for optional DCC/sound
- 5-pole skewed armature motor for reliable operation
- Dual-flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate knuckle couplers
- Exceptional painting and printing
Click here to get another fine Atlas HO Locomotive.