Atlas Model HO Trainman Missouri Pacific GP 38-2 #2138
Different road # shown in illustration.
The Dash 2 locomotive series, unveiled by EMD in 1972, featured significant changes, such as a solid-state, modular electrical control system and improved engine components designed to increase traction and reduce exhaust emissions. A reliable work-horse, the GP38-2 remains one of the most successful locomotives ever built. Most are still in service today.
- NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC
- The same drive as our basic Master Series, in an affordable locomotive
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
- Separately applied hand rails and end railings
- Matching cabooses available separately
- Locating dimples for grab irons
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Realistic die-cast underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate® Couplers
- As with our Master Series GP-38, this model features either a 2,600 or 3,600 gallon fuel tank, depending on the prototype.
Roadname: Missouri Pacific
Click here to get another fine HO Atlas Trainman Locomotive.